Training on ‘How to apply for EWUCRT research funding’26-08-2021 EWUCRT
East West University Center for Research and Training (EWUCRT) organized a training titled ‘How to apply for EWUCRT research funding’, on Thursday 26 August 2021 from 8.30 pm to 9.30 pm. The objectives of the training were to explain:
- Why an academic should apply for EWUCRT research funding?;
- The flowchart that leads to the EWUCRT research funding;
- The criteria for writing a research proposal for EWUCRT research funding;
- The conditions of the research funding;
- How to prepare for the proposal defense?;
- The procedures for research ethics approval and plagiarism policy and
- The function of East West University Research Ethical Committee (EWUREC).
Almost 70 faculty members from various departments of East West University attended the training program. Dr. Rafiqul Huda Chaudhury, chairperson EWUCRT, briefed all the participants about the awarding process of the research grant. In addition, Dr. Muhammed Shahriar Haque, Executive Director, EWUCRT presented a PowerPoint presentation on the research funding procedure. Ms. Aynun Nahar. Senior Research Officer, EWUCRT highlighted ethical concerns in research. A lively question-answer session was conducted after the presentation session. Dr. Farhana Ferdousi, Deputy Executive Director, EWUCRT, and other team members of the center were present in the training session.