Faculty Members Publication
N. B. Rab and R. H. Moutushi, “Is ‘Greening’ the Key to Sustain in Global Market for Bangladeshi Readymade Garments Industry?”.International Journal of Business and Management, R-12(3), (2017), P.135.
- N.K. Saha and R. H. Moutushi , “Corporate governance and Firm performance: The role of the board and the audit committee”. Asian Journal of Finance & Accounting, Vol.10, No. 1, (2018)
- N. B. Rab and R. H. Moutushi , “Greening RMG: a key to sustain in global market for Bangladeshi RMG Industry”.2nd International Conference on Business Research, Department of Business Administration, East West University, R-2(1), (2016), P.3.
- R. H. Moutushi, S.Shams and N.K. Saha, “Factors influencing customer usage of Mobile Banking: An Empirical Study in Bangladesh”. The Jahangirnagar University Journal of Business Research, Vol.6, (2018).
WeFreS: weighted frequent subgraph mining in a single large graph
A novel algorithm for mining freqent subgraphs from a single large graph by taking the weights (i.e. importance) of the edges into consideration.
Jobaid, M. I., Khan, M. M., Rahman, M. R., Sarkar, M. I., & Hasan, R. (2015). Factors Influencing Job satisfaction of the Employees of Tannery in Bangladesh . International Journal of Business and Management Review , 64-69 .
Hossain, M. A., Hasan, R., Kibria, M., & Mazmum, M. A. (2017, December ). Factors Influencin the Usage of 3G Mobile Services: An Empirical Study on Bangladeshi Young Citizens. North South Business Review, 8(1), 16-28.
1. M. Mubassira, and A. K. Das, "The Impact of University Students’ Smartphone Use and Academic Performance in Bangladesh: A Quantitative Study," In: Lee S., Ismail R., Choo H. (eds) Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Ubiquitous Information [PDF]
2. J. Islam, M. Mubassira, M. R. Islam and A. K. Das, "A Speech Recognition System for Bengali Language using Recurrent Neural Network," 2019 IEEE 4th International Conference on Computer and Communication Systems (ICCCS), Singapore, 2019, pp. 73-76. [PDF]
- Shama N. Islam, Kaniz Fatima, Shamima Najnin, and M. Shah Alam, “Polarization Properties of Side-Hole Optical Fiber Under External Stress”, Journal of Electrical Engineering (JEE), Institution of Engineers Bangladesh (IEB), EE-36 (I), (2009), P. 25-29.
- S. A. Fattah, K. Fatima, C. Shahnaz, “An approach for classifying alcoholic and non-alcoholic persons based on time domain features extracted from EEG signals”, IEEE International WIE Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (WIECON-ECE), 2015, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Khurshid Hasan, Kaniz Fatima, and Md. Sohel Mahmood, “Feasibility of Hybrid Power Generation over Wind and Solar Standalone System”, 5th International Power Engineering and Optimization Conference (PEOCO2011), Malaysia.
- M. Shah Alam, Shama Naz Islam, Kaniz Fatima, Shamima Najnin, Sanjib Das, Anindya Jyoti Dutta, and Nurmohammed Patwary, “External Stress Effects on Polarization Mode Dispersion of Birefringent Optical Fibers”, International Conference on Computer and Communication Engineering ICCCE’10, International Islamic University, Malaysia.
Workshop & Seminar
Attended a workshop on “Writing Academically and Learning Self-Editing” on 17 July 2019. It was organized by the EWU writing center, Department of English. The key-note speaker of this workshop was honorable Sir, Dr. Fakrul Alam, Ex-Pro-Vice- Chancellor, East West University.
Participated in a Seminar on “Basic Concept on Productivity and Office Management” organized by the Departemnt of Business Administration on 18 July 2019. The Seminar was condusted by Mr. S. M. Ashrafuzzaman, Joint Secretary of the Govt. of People’s republic of Bangladesh.
IEEE Bangladesh Section along with its Women In Engineering (WIE) Affinity Group organized a discussion session on “Fire Safety” with a theme of ‘Fire Safety Management and Accident Prevention: Challenges and Engineering Solutions’ on 3rd August in BUET. Speakers and participants from 16 organizations including 9 industries took part in a great discussion session to provide technical solutions of fire hazards.
Attended a Seminar on "How to make high impact publication?" on January 15, 2019, in S. M. Nousher Ali Lecture Gallery (Room no. 126), Ground floor, Block-C, East West University. The seminar was organized by EWCRT. The key presenter was Dr. Ataur Rahman, Professor, Water, and Environmental Engineering, School of Computing, Engineering, and Mathematics, Center for Infrastructure Engineering, Western Sydney, Australia.
Attended a day-long workshop on "Teaching Learning Practices" arranged by IQAC of East West University on 16 February 2019 in S. M. Nousher Ali Lecture Gallery (Room no. 126). Professor Dr. M. M. Shahidul Hassan, Vice-Chancellor, East West University inaugurated the workshop. Later Professor Dr. Fakrul Alam, Ex-Pro-Vice-Chancellor, East West University, Professor Dr. Md. Mozammel Huq Azad Khan, Dean, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Professor Dr. Tanbir Ahmed Chowdhury, Dean, Faculty of Business and Economics, Dr. Fouzia Manna, Associate Professor and Dean, Faculty of Liberal Arts and Social Science, Professor Dr. Anisul Haque, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Professor Dr. A. K. M Enamul Haque, Department of Economics, Professor Dr. Khairul Alam, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering were the speakers.
1. Successfully completed a training program on "Research Methodology" conducted by EWCRT (East West University Center for Research & Training) from 19 September 2019 to 17 October 2019.
1. Fatima, K. (2019). "Efficient channel reduction and feature extraction schemes for analyzing mental and cognitive task based EEG signals", Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE), BUET.
Award & Achievement
For outstanding academic performance in the MBA Program of IBA (Institute of Business Administration), University of Dhaka, I was awarded a Gold medal as a Valedictorian and achieved the honor of being included in the "Director's Honors List" in the 52nd Graduation Ceremony on October 11, 2019. The Chief Guest of the Ceremony was Professor Dr. Md. Akhtaruzzaman, Honourable Vice-Chancellor, University of Dhaka. Dr. Rubana Huq, President of Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA) graced the occasion as the Graduation Speaker. The Convocation Ceremony was held in Bangabandhu International Conference Center, Agargaon, Sher-E-Bangla Nagar, Dhaka-1207.
1. Impact of Capital Structure on Profitability and Corporate Value of Listed Ceramic Companies of Bangladesh.
2. The Effect of Macro and Micro Level Factors on Capital Structure, Firm Performance & Stock Return of Listed Textile Companies of Bangladesh.
- Biswas, R. K., Kabir, E., & Rafi, R. B. R. (2018). Investment in Research and Development Compared to Military Expenditure: Is Research Worthwhile. Defence and Peace Economics, 30(7), 846-857. https://doi.org/10.5703/1288284316979
- Rafi, R. B. R. (2017, Apr. 21). Women and Marriage: Lessons Learnt from Jane Austen. Jane Austen 200. Inter-University Students’ Conference at the University of Liberal Arts, Dhaka.
1. Sultana, N. 2016. “Customers’ Attitude toward Online Shopping: An Empirical Study on Women in Dhaka City”. Dhaka University Journal of Business Studies. Vol. XXXVII. No. 3. P.73-90. ISSN: 1682-2498.
2. Sultana, N. 2017. “Growing Development of tourism Industry in Bangladesh: An Empirical Study”. Dhaka University Journal of Business Studies. Vol. 38, No. 2. P. 137-159. ISSN: 1682-2498.
3. Zabeen, M., Shams, S., and Sultana, N. 2017. “Growing Popularity of Muslim Attire: Faith or Fashion?”. International Journal of Asian Social Science. Vol. 7, No. 9, P. 728-737.
4. Sultana, N., Shahriar, S. H., Akhter, S. and Rahman, M. 2018. “Evaluating the Effectiveness of Facebook as the source of Job Advertisements: An Empirical Study”. Academy of Marketing Studies Journal. Vol. 22, Issue. 2, 1528-2678-22-2-157.
Sultana, N., Shahriar, S. H., Akhter, S. and Rahman, M. 2017. “Evaluating the Effectiveness of Facebook as the Source of Job Advertisements: An Empirical Study”. Presented at 2nd International Conference on Business and Economies. October 30-31, 2017. Faculty of Business Studies, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Kabir, T., & Popy, N. (2019). Consumer behavior in outbound tourism: A Bangladeshi perspective. International Journal of Management and Development Studies, 8(1). Retrieved from www.ijmds.in/.
- Huda, S.S., Kabir, T., & Siddiq, T.A. (2019). Civic Engagement of Students: Perspectives of Bangladesh. IGI Global.
Conference & Seminars
- T.Kabir, S.Arafat, , and M. S. Alam, “Study on “Ek Cup Cha” ‘(A Cup of Tea): A Triumphant Case from Dhaka on Street Food Branding”, Atlantic Marketing Association Proceedings. September 27-30, 2017, Williamsburg, VA.
National Taher, S. A., & Das, U. (2016), Effects of firm specific factors in determining the stock return of Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE), The Jahangirnagar Journal of Business Studies, 6 (1), 19-30
Journal article on ” Performance Assessment of Demutualization of Bangladesh Stock Market”
Journal Name: European Journal of Business and Management(Vol 10, No 12 (2018)
1.The causes of forex reserve buildup. (The Financial Express. Date: March 02 , 2014)
2.Investment Stability: Increasing Reserve. (The Daily News Today. Date: February 18, 2014)
- Shareef, M.A., Raman, R., Baabdullah, A.M., Mahmud, R., Ahmed, J.U., Kabir, H., Kumar, V., Kumar, U., Akram, M.S., Kabir, A. and Mukerji, B., 2019. Public service reformation: Relationship building by mobile technology. International Journal of Information Management, 49, pp.217-227.
|1. Does E-CRM tools affect customer satisfaction?||Journal of Electronic Commerce in Organizations (JECO), IGI Global
|2. Innovation in financial services: case of Bangladesh||Huawei Goes Global: Made in China for the World (Palgrave Macmillan, 2020)
|3. Relationship between Corporate Societal Marketing and Corporate Image||International Journal of Ethics in Social Sciences; Vol:3; No:1
Tamanna, K. M. (2018). Classification of the Factors Influencing Online Buying: A Literature Review. International Journal of Management Technology (IJMT) , Vol 5,December 2018 (Current) ( Issue 4), 1-11.
Consumer behavior in outbound tourism: a Bangladeshi perspective
Outbound Tourism has recently become a huge market in Bangladesh. Many of the regular consumers of this industry travel quite often and show a keen interest in travel related magazines, television shows, blogs and content on social media. It is therefore essential for marketers to understand the behavior pattern of this thriving set of customers and see what particularly affects their travel decisions. This article focuses on determining the various factors, including various digital media sources that influence these Bangladeshi consumers in their decision making and purchase process in the tourism industry. The researchers also tried to identify the preferences of the various types of activities the travelers from Bangladesh are interested in, during their tours. Data was collected by means of a questionnaire through 120 respondents who identify themselves as regular travelers. All of the respondents fall under three distinct consumer categories of different age groups. The paper summarizes the different behavioral dimensions of consumers of outbound tourism in Bangladesh.
- Rahman, M. M., Sobhan, R., & Islam, M. S. (2020). The Impact of Intellectual Capital Disclosure on Firm Performance: Empirical Evidence from Pharmaceutical and Chemical Industry of Bangladesh. The Journal of Asian Finance, Economics and Business (JAFEB), 7(2), 119-129. https://doi.org/10.13106/jafeb.2020.vol7.no2.119 [Indexed by Scopus, Korea Scholar, DOAJ]
- Rahman, M. M., Sobhan, R., & Islam, M. S. (2019). Intellectual Capital Disclosure and Its Determinants: Empirical Evidence from Listed Pharmaceutical and Chemical Industry of Bangladesh. The East Asian Journal of Business Management (EAJBM), 9(2), 35-46. https://doi.org/10.13106/jbees.2019.vol9.no2.35 [Indexed by Korea Scholar, DOAJ]
- Kamal, Y., & Islam, M. S. (2018). The Paradox of Foreign Loans and Grants: An Econometric Analysis in the Perspective of Bangladesh. Dhaka University Journal of Business Studies, 39(3). 51-66 Online Copy is available at ResearchGate (https://www.researchgate.net/publication/334748958_The_Paradox_of_Foreign_Loans_and_Grants_An_Econometric_Analysis_in_the_Perspective_of_Bangladesh/stats )
- Md. Shafiqul Islam and Shihabul Anwar. "The Post-Issue Operating Performance of IPO Firms: Evidence from an Emerging Economy." 10th International Conference on Financial Criminology (ICFC): Financial Criminology: Genesis, Crisis and Prognosis, United International University (UIU), pp. 54. Dhaka: December 2019.
- Dr. Yousuf Kamal and Md. Shafiqul Islam. "Impact of Technological Innovation on Energy Consumption Behaviour in Bangladesh." The 4th International Conference on Business and Economics: Spectrum of Opportunities through Innovation and Technology, University of Dhaka: October 2019.
- Dr. Yousuf Kamal and Md. Shafiqul Islam. "The Paradox of Foreign Loans & Grants: An Econometric Analysis in the Perspective of Bangladesh." The 3rd International Conference on Business and Economics: Shaping the Future Through Inclusive Development, University of Dhaka, pp. 35. Dhaka: October 2018.